BlackVue’s newest dual-lens dashcam, the DR590-2CH is a value-packed model from industry-leading dashcam manufacturer Pittasoft BlackVue. The DR590-2CH is a dual-lens (two-channel, for front-facing and rear-facing video) dashcam that records in Full HD 1080p resolution (from both front and rear lenses). The DR590-2CH is an upgraded model which replaces the dual 720p DR430-2CH, the 1080/720p DR470-2CH, and the dual 1080p DR490-2CH two-channel models.
The DR590-2CH is an excellent choice for those who would like the higher 1080p video resolution (as compared to the DR430 and 470’s 720p camera resolution), but who also may not necessarily need all the additional bells and whistles of some of the more advanced BlackVue cameras such as the WiFi and Cloud-Capable DR750S-2CH. However, like the DR750S-2CH, the 590-2CH front camera does benefit from using Sony’s newest STARVIS™ imaging sensor, for superior video quality during the day and even at night when lesser dashcams may suffer.
BlackVue’s new DR590-2CH is almost identical to the also-just-released DR590-1CH, except for the addition of a separate rear camera on the DR590-2CH that is designed to mount in the rear windshield to record what is going on behind your car. With simple plug-and-play operation, you can be safely recording both in front of and behind your car in a matter of minutes!
The DR590-2CH deserves the consideration of fleet managers and others drivers who may be looking for a reliable and affordable “front and rear” in-car audio and video recording solution.
A Note on Memory Cards
BlackVue dashcams include a 16, 32, 64, 128, or 256GB memory card. While the memory cards are removable and the card slots will accept other brands of memory cards, we strongly suggest the use of only BlackVue memory cards in the BlackVue dashcams, as the use of a non BlackVue memory card may cause performance issues and may void your manufacturer’s warranty.
BlackVue OEM memory cards are industrial-grade and are designed and tested to withstand the extreme temperatures and the constant read/write cycles of high quality dashcams. Consumer-grade memory cards such as those from SanDisk or Samsung are simply not up to the task. Stick with the OEM BlackVue memory cards to ensure your dashcams are always recording when it matters most.
Our favorite things about the DR590-2CH
- Reliable Full HD dual 1080p front and rear video recording. Install the second lens in your back windshield to double the video coverage around your vehicle.
- New lower price point for the same BlackVue quality and Sony STARVIS™ imaging power.
- New quick-toggle microphone button (or optional in-camera format function)
- Improved features such as Adaptive Format Free Technology, for less maintenance of the memory card
- Smallest form factor for extremely discrete in-car audio and/or video recording.
- Industrial capacitor-based power, no lithium battery inside to fail in the heat or cold.
- Optional GPS position and speed logging (via an external GPS antenna).
- Voice announcements. Know what your dash cam is doing without needing to look at it.
Full Feature List
- Maximum Video Resolution: 1920x1080p 30 FPS (front and rear)
- Wired rear camera
- 139° viewing angle (front)
- 139° viewing angle (rear)
- Video file format: .MP4
- Video codec: H.264
- GPS logging (with optional external antenna)
- Motion Detection
- 3-Axis Acceleration Sensor
- Low-light functionality
- Loop Recording
- Adjustable Exposure
- Audio Recording
- Date Stamp
- NTSC/PAL Adjustable
- Day/Night Mode
- Graceful Shutdown
- Certification: FCC, CE, RoHS
- Interfaces: Power, Rear Cam In, GPS Antenna (Optional)
- Memory Card Type: BlackVue Micro SD up to 256gb
- Includes Playback Software: Yes (Windows and Mac)
Included in the Box
- 1 Front-Facing Camera with Windshield Mount
- 1 Rear-Facing Camera with Windshield Mount
- 1 BlackVue microSD Memory Card (either 16, 32, 64, 128 or 256gb)
- 1 Power Cord, 15ft length
- 1 Coaxial Video Cable for Rear Camera, 20ft length
- 5 Adhesive Cable Clips
- 1 MicroSD to full size SD memory card adapter
- 1 Quick Start Guide